3. May 2013 19:43
It may not look it but the body is 20% assembled with another 5% printed waiting to go.
I also noticed on the 3D printer Y axis pulley bracket that the pulley axel has been acting as a reamer tool and I now have a big groove which was very near to coming out the end. So I downloaded this and printed a replacement part (printing replacement parts, that's pretty cool):
26. April 2013 14:39
Body framework complete, quite a big job actually and while constructing it I've accumulated 4x bucket loads of prints ready to be assembled
6. April 2013 09:21
Driver door assembled, that's 5.5m2 done now of 16 and the printer's still going well
15. March 2013 19:48
Passenger door assembled, driver door mostly printed (about another 3x days left). I'm falling a bit behind in assembling vs printing but that's ok
7. March 2013 07:24
Passenger door printed and partially assembled, Driver door is now printing. I'm also trying a new way of printing, some people have tried printing on a pane of glass coated with hairspray, I tried this but the prints wouldn't stick to the bed, I was about to go back to the old way when I tired using the kapton tape on top of the glass (instead of on the aluminium bed) and it seems to stick better to the glass than the aluminium and it seems to last about 3x longer so I don't need to change it as often and I don't get any prints that have pealed the kapton tape off the bed.