Password Retrieval

Type your email address in the field above and your password will be emailed to you shortly.

  
  

Bonnet printed...

by Ivan Sentch 8. February 2013 19:30

...still assembling though, this time I'm trying to assemble the border first then work in. With the boot I did one layer rows and attached them from the top and bottom in, I was surprised when there was a gap in the middle, I was expecting with the 0.5mm rail  the printer prints that I would have to sand it a bit to fit snug.

I put this down to the inaccuracies created when the print peals off the bed (due to inconsistent cooling rates) when it rises off the bed it also distorts out or in so if you don't compensate for this when you attach it all together you end up with things like this.

I've got some weights on it now so I'll take an in-progress picture later, for now here's a picture of my 250 GTO kit I built 10 years or so ago, it's also got the RB25DET in it that I'm planning to use in this (but I would like to transplant the v12 from a 750 I have been sporadically working on into it one day, hard to work on something that's already working though)

Tags:

Body | 3D Printing | Miscellaneous

Add comment

biuquote
  • Comment
  • Preview
Loading