Password Retrieval

Type your email address in the field above and your password will be emailed to you shortly.

Creating the framework

by Ivan Sentch 9. February 2013 13:50

The 3D design tool I'm using is Autodesk 3DS Max 2011, this has the standard feature of creating cross sections of your object which is how I make the framework the panels sit on.

I first give the object depth so the printed sections will sit flush on the framework, then create the sections, no real science with this just as many as I feel are needed to keep it true but i do offset their positions so they do not line up with where my extruded edges will be (otherwise I'll need to manually take more off the outline in order for the sections to sit flush)

I then export the shapes to another program (I can't seem to find a print to scale option in 3DS max so I use another very simple CAD program called AllyCad) and print them out to scale (normal printer that is). With these I transfer the shape to MDF and cut it out (you could use a 2 axis CNC machine for this but a jigsaw works just fine)

These are then glued / screwed together using square blocks to keep it square.

There's a good youtube video about this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTg5kpzXkJg

Tags:

Body | Design

Comments (5) -

Bertie Strande
Bertie StrandeUnited States
1/07/2015 4:01:10 a.m. #

It's perfect time to make a few plans for the longer term and it is time to be happy. I've learn this submit and if I could I wish to recommend you few attention-grabbing issues or advice. Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article. I want to learn even more things approximately it!

Jerrie Jakobsen
Jerrie JakobsenUnited States
20/07/2015 10:29:36 p.m. #

I was examining some of your articles on this site and I believe this website is rattling instructive! Keep posting.

Donn Rusich
Donn RusichUnited States
24/09/2016 5:04:26 p.m. #

A este respecto me remito ala página de precios de km 77 en la que aparecen decuentos de 10, 11 y 12000 €. Esto que si bien es perfectamente legítimo no dice mucho de la confianza que tienen en su producto. Ejemplos miles: alimentos de supermercados, electrodomésticos de centros comerciales (y no comerciales), …. Todos aplican descuentos porque es una forma de vender stock en un momento concreto, porque es un gancho para atraer al público. Si en esta entrada sólo hubiera comentarios de quienes han visto-probado un c6 seria onanismo por tu parte.

adidas nmd
adidas nmdUnited States
4/11/2016 1:15:39 a.m. #

One other issue is when you are in a circumstances where you do not have a co-signer then you may genuinely wish to try to exhaust all of your federal funding options. You will discover many awards and other free college funding that will supply you with funding to help with college expenses. Thanks alot : ) for the post.

paul senna
paul sennaUnited States
3/01/2017 7:01:25 a.m. #

Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew of any widgets I couldadd to my blog that automatically tweet my newest twitter updates.

biuquote