Password Retrieval

Type your email address in the field above and your password will be emailed to you shortly.

Second printer failure

by Ivan Sentch 17. February 2013 21:04

Had my second printer failure, the first wasn't noteworthy just a loose cap screw but this one took a bit to figure out. First the printer started logging cold extrusion prevented messages (meaning it thought the hot end was too cold to melt the abs so it just ignored that command to prevent the end getting clogged).

This got worse to the point where it would just stop after a while and log "printer stopped due to errors use m999 to restart". I pulled the wiring loom out and did a continuity check but everything seemed fine, even after moving the cable around to see if it only happened in some positions.

I was about to contact solidoodle when I checked again and found one of the sensor wires failed, don't know why it failed this time and not before but i changed the wire, soldered it in this time instead of relying on the crimp and I'm back in business again

Tags:

3D Printing

Comments (6) -

Stew
StewNew Zealand
2/08/2013 10:07:53 p.m. #

World famous in NZ buddy Smile Hey how much did it cost for you to get the Solidoodle in NZ? You have inspired me in a way to relook at this.
(last time I looked at this was when makerbot first came out and that was US1000+shipping+assembly)

Ivan
IvanNew Zealand
3/08/2013 10:49:00 a.m. #

Thanks, the solidoodle v2 starts at $499 usd but you would want to get the $50 heated bed upgrade

Read This
Read ThisUnited States
24/11/2016 7:52:51 p.m. #

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that they just don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

more info here
more info hereUnited States
25/11/2016 1:35:51 a.m. #

Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous site.

becca_luna
becca_lunaUnited States
5/06/2018 2:54:24 a.m. #

There are some of you out there who probably haven’t heard of http://www.camgirl.pw This is one of those must see sites. It’s full of extremely attractive ladies. You’re going to want to put down your sandwich when visiting this site. It’s impossible to focus on anything but the babes they have to offer.

kittiserk
kittiserkUnited States
6/06/2018 1:44:52 a.m. #

Sick and tired of being bored? There’s nothing at all good to watch on TV these days. How many cat videos can you watch at YouTube? What you really want is some live adult entertainment. That’s what http://www.camgirl.pw is all about. It’s 24/7 excitement like you’ve never seen before. Check it out and tell a friend. Something this good needs to be shared.

biuquote