Password Retrieval

Type your email address in the field above and your password will be emailed to you shortly.

Contact form

by Ivan Sentch 9. August 2013 10:54

FYI I've been getting a few contacts requests through the site with an invalid email, if you've not recieved a reply you've probably mistyped your email

Tags:

Comments (9) -

Irfan
Irfan
9/08/2013 3:20:23 p.m. #

Hello there,

Upon reading the summary introduction of your project on Yahoo.com main page, owing to a life long interest in cars, I just couldn't resist reading the accompanying details. Considering that you're planning to use a BMW V12 to power the final product, I have a question: which type of plastic are you using that would be able to withstand the extreme temperature variations caused by such a big unit? As ordinary plastics fail to last beyond a few years in regions with somewhat pronounced temperature variations caused by the weather, it would be nice to know what would allow you to deal with that common structural failure specific to plastics.

By the way, I am from Pakistan. I am submitting the comment based on the assumption that you're using one of the commonly available lists of countries, for example that used by Paypal, that do not include Pakistan. However, if that was a way of keeping certain nationalities out, then my apologies for crashing the party.

Irfan.

Ivan
IvanNew Zealand
9/08/2013 4:47:35 p.m. #

I haven't read what's in the yahoo article but the v12 is going to go into the 250 GTO car I built a few years ago not this one, this will be using a skyline gts25t as a donor car

This is a plug not the body that is being printed, once I've finished printing it off and finishing it off I'll take a fybreglass mold and cast a fybreglass body

Irfan
Irfan
9/08/2013 7:02:22 p.m. #

All the best and would love to see the finished product, even if in pictures.

sammorxman
sammorxman
20/12/2013 7:33:01 a.m. #

Tried to rate , S Pen and tremors in hand do not make easy. Low rating given, when I meant to give 4s. No apparent way to update rating. Apologies
Wish my mental acuity and physical abilities were what they once were.
You inspire me.

Garth Rodericks
Garth Rodericks
28/03/2014 7:45:11 a.m. #

Beautiful project!  Love your attention to detail.  Would love to see pics and know more about your Ferrari GTO replica. But most of all, I would love to build an Aston Martin DB4 Zagato replica but cannot find a manufacturer of a kit or reproduction body anywhere. Do you know of any CAD file drawings of a DB4 that could be used similarly to what you're doing to create a body from which I could make a mold to build my own car from fiberglass?  Thanks!

Admin
Admin
12/04/2014 5:42:07 a.m. #

Thanks, here's one: www.turbosquid.com/.../804022 if I didn't need 4 seats I would be doing a zagato sanction III (below), not officially an Aston Martin like the sanction II (which was a limited re-run of the db4 Zagato by Aston Martin recently from old db4 bits they had lying around) but very very cool: 4.bp.blogspot.com/.../...agato-Cabriolet-59360.jpg

There is a lot of work involved and this is really big experiment for me so I can't say it'll work until I'm done but if you're interested make sure you can get the glass (or can get someone to make it for you)

alan
alan
14/06/2015 5:17:35 a.m. #

How did you make the wood form to put the plastic on.

Admin
Admin
25/06/2015 3:38:25 p.m. #

take a look at replicadb4.com/.../Creating-the-framework

Marnie Franciosa
Marnie FranciosaUnited States
3/10/2015 2:38:44 a.m. #

Had My Front Yard Done With these Very Exclusive and inexpensive lights called Paver Lights. Check them out guys http://paverlightdepot.com/ They are the only dealers in the entire USA!

biuquote